[Nebraska-students] Philosophical Terminology

Stephanie Wagle hallowagle88 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 20:56:09 UTC 2008

As a high partial. I have been torn between these terms (blind, visually impaited, high and low partial, etc) myself for sometime now. What place in the federation is mine to claim? Will I cause offense if I consider myself blind or will I offend if I don't, and what do I consider myself were my questions. Because I am a newbie who is unfamiliar with the jargon I've been sitting back and listening and learning. I am happy this conversation is taking place because it's helping me learn how to define myself when before I didn't know where or how much I belonged. I like the "under the umbrella" metaphor Amy. I know where I stand under it now but there is still work to be done to make sure everyone in and out of the federation understands the distinction. If we as an organization don't let terms divide us, then we stand together and get back to the main objective which is reaching our potential as people. I understand the issue goes deeper than
 that. Where the individual terms are appropriate or necessary at all is a matter of the context it is found in. That's all from the newbie. :<)
-Stephanie Wagle

Stephanie Anne Waggle