[Nebraska-students] make-up

Jamie K. Forbis jkforbis at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 17:28:43 UTC 2008

Hello Alli!

  Its a little hard to explain the tricks and hints of make up application
over email, but I'll give you a few tips.  One of the most important things
to remember when applying make up is count and blend, count and blend.  For
example when applying eye shadow you want to swipe the applicator across the
make up three times or so.  Then swipe the eye lid that many times.  This
way you get an even amount on each eye.  After applying the desired amount
of colors you should use a blending brush, or your finger, to blend all the
shades together.  The same goes for blush.  I do have a tape I could send
you that gives lots of tips for applying make up when your blind.
  As far as brands that completely depends on your preference, skin type,
and checking account.  You can go crazy on buying make up and spend way more
then necessary, but you also don't want to go to cheep and have powdery make
up that looks bad.  You can go to Wal-Mart or any other store and try one of
the brands.  See how it reacts to your skin and how you feel it works.
  Another option is to go to the mall and get a free make over.  They can
select colors just right for you and give you a few tips for applying it
with your facial structure.  However, their products do cost quite a bit
more.  I prefer Clinique, but I didn't always use their products.  The nice
thing about Clinique, or another mall based product, is they keep your skin
type and colors on file.  So, when you go back in six months for more make
up or a new color they can look up your file and don't have to start from
the beginning.  I like to go back every three to six months just to see
what's new for the seasons.
  I hope this helps a little.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
I'm totally blind and ware make up everyday.  I never use to, but I finally
got confident doing it and now its a breeze!  Good luck!

Sincerely,
Jamie K. Forbis LMT