[Nebraska-students] Parents

Rachna Keshwani rachna.keshwani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 04:03:04 UTC 2010

Hello,
I experience the same complications with my parents and it can be
quite frustrating. They acknowledge my blindness only in moments where
I ask for assistance, or when they want me to request it. When I wore
sleepshades around them, they panicked, warning me that if I did not
use my residual sight to the fullest, then I could lose it. They hold
eyesight to a high regard, and frequently test the extent of my
vision. We have our share of disputes, and I can never make my point
known ie. Although they have attended a convension, it was more to
spend time with me than learning about the philosophy. They have not
had an opportunity to join the  National Organization of Parents of
Blind Children division, so their differing views are justifable. I
hope that someday our parents realize that we are active citizens
leading productive lives, and we just happen to be blind.
Sincerely,
Rachna Keshwani