[Nebraska-students] Canes and vacation

Amy Mason amason80 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 02:33:13 UTC 2011

Hi Alli,

I'm so thrilled to see you thinking about this. I know it's a really
hard decision to make those first steps toward independence,
especially when they disagree with your family. I had some of the same
difficulties with my parents when I first started choosing to use a
cane.

Personally, I would recommend that you take both canes. You can lay
your straight cane flat along the edge of the van and keep it out of
the way. That way ou have it when you need it, but if you bring the
folding cane, when you feel that it is more appropriate to use it, you
have that option as well. As an added bonus, if either cane should
meet with an unfortunate incident, you have a backup to get you by.

Hope this helps, and have a blast on your vacation!

Amy