[Nebraska-students] Startran Vehicle Tracking

Buresh, Amy amy.buresh at nebraska.gov
Tue Apr 17 16:32:16 UTC 2012

Thank you Tony. This is great!

Amy

-----Original Message-----
From: nebraska-students-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nebraska-students-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tony Olivero
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 3:34 PM
To: nebraska-students at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nebraska-students] Startran Vehicle Tracking

This primarily applies to those of you in Lincoln.

As some of you in Lincoln may know, there is a website provided by
Startran to display where the busses are and the next two stops and
estimated arrival times. The system is mostly graphical, as icons arr
overlayed on a map. This seemed pretty stupid and annoying to me. I
wrote an interface that shows the same data in text. You can find it
at http://www.olivero.us/startran/accessible.html.

When you first log on you will see all in service vehicles sorted by
route. Each vehicle has a paragraph showing its route and the next two
"time stops". After this there is a link to track that specific
vehicle which, in addition to the time stop projections, shows an
approximate street address for the bus (leaving your browser open will
cause the address to be automatically read by screen readers that
support ARIA alerts).  Either display is currently updated every 45
seconds.

Hope others find this useful.

Tony

Sent from my wireless phone. Pith is intentional; typos or perceived
abruptness are not.