[Nebraska-students] National Convention!!!

Karen Anderson kea.anderson at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:31:05 UTC 2012

You've been to chapter meetings. You've been to State conventions. But many
of you have not yet attended the main event, the grand gathering of
Federationists, the big top in the big state that is the NFB National
Convention. Fear not, my Federation Family, it's not too late to make your
plans.

For those of you who are commission clients, talk to your counselors now.
Ask them if it is still possible to receive sponsorship from the Commission
to attend the convention. Since the affiliate is taking a bus, you are
unlikely to find a cheaper year to go. I urge you to take advantage of it
while you can. As impactful and uplifting as our local and state events are,
there is nothing quite like gathering with 3,000 of your brothers and
sisters in the movement for a week of meetings, socializing, and soaking up
all that the Federation is and has to offer.

NABS, and the affiliate. will also benefit from your presence. We need you!
To continue offering the scholarship we offer, holding the seminars, and the
fun activities we as an organization do we have to team up and do some
fundraising. On the bus to convention we will be selling NABS snacks, at
convention we will be selling Braille playing cards, and the affiliate will
be selling coffee. You will be a big part of making our NABS efforts a
success.

This is also a great chance to meet blind people who are already doing the
things you hope to achieve after graduation. There are meetings for
teachers, lawyers, office professionals, geeks, car enthusiasts, musicians,
not to mention a meeting specifically for students!

I again urge you all to carefully consider attending the NFB National
convention in Dallas. If you haven't attended previously, it is an
incredible week full of experiences you will remember for a lifetime. Call
your counselor and discuss your options.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me!

Karen