[Nebraska-Students] Learn what Braille is and how it is produced

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:15:18 UTC 2022

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/nfb-logo-for-email-template.jpg>

Attend April Accessibility Boutique on Braille for Beginners

Have you wondered more about Braille and how it is produced? Learn about the use of this versatile system for reading and writing in our education, employment, entertainment, and other aspects of life. Join the National Federation of the Blind Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Accessibility on Tuesday, April 26, from 2:00 to 3:30 p.m. eastern time when we will cover the basics about Braille. Topics include:

*    Braille—how it works, how it is used

*    Steps for producing Braille documents

*    Introduction to BrailleBlaster, free Braille translation software

         … and more.

This accessibility boutique is great for teachers, parents of blind children, higher education professionals, librarians, and those who work with printed text that needs to be prepared for Braille production.

Take advantage of this free opportunity. Register for our Braille for Beginners boutique <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25556&qid=7095739> .

Save-the-Date: Additional Upcoming Events

Experts at the Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25361&qid=7019549>  offer various training events throughout the year to share best practices in web accessibility and access technology. You can register for any of the following accessibility-related events:

*    May 31 Boutique: Reprise of Workplace/Employment

*    June 15 Seminar: Online Learning Platforms

*    June 28 Boutique: Intro to Linux for Blind Users/Social Media Accessibility

About Accessibility Boutiques

Accessibility boutiques are workshops presented by our access technology experts of our Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Accessibility that provide introductions to accessibility best practices and the latest trends in access tech. These events are offered by the National Federation of the Blind at no cost to Maryland citizens with support from the state of Maryland through the Nonvisual Accessibility Initiative grant administered by the Maryland Department of Disabilities. Learn more about our upcoming events <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25557&qid=7095739> .

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25558&qid=7095739>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25559&qid=7095739>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25560&qid=7095739>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25561&qid=7095739>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25562&qid=7095739>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=25563&qid=7095739>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314