[Nebraska-Students] Beat the Heat on August 13!

Jamie K. Richey jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 23:19:42 UTC 2022

Greetings NFB of Nebraska!

As we knew it would, the summer has flown by and we are already into August.
Soon we will be enjoying pumpkin spice, crisp air and football!  For now
however, we will continue to bath in the hot rays of the sun!  Don't worry,
I have the perfect Saturday activity to keep you cool!

The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska Board of Directors
Meeting!!!

The meeting is Saturday, August 13, 2022.  The meeting will begin  at 10:00
a.m. and adjourn around 3:00 p.m.

The meeting will be held at the

University of Nebraska at Kearney
<https://www.unk.edu/offices/reslife/conference-services/facilities/student-
union.php>

NSU Antelope Room

1013 West 27th Street

Kearney, NE 68849

Lunch will be catered by the UNK Catering service.  Lunch is optional and
will need to be paid in cash the day of the meeting.  A sandwich Boxed Lunch
will be served and include one of the three following sandwiches, BLT pasta
salad, regular chips, a brownie and a 20 oz. bottle of water.

If you will be attending; I need your sandwich choice by Sunday evening.

1.	Roasted Vegetable Multigrain Sandwich - $12.70

Roasted Squash, Peppers and Red Onion Complemented by Hand-Mixed Herbed Goat
Cheese and Field Greens on a Multigrain Roll.

2.	Tuscan Grilled Chicken Sandwich - $13.77

Balsamic Coated Chicken Grilled, Paired with Fat-Free Hummus, Bistro Sauce,
Roasted Onions and Peppers on a Multigrain Roll.

3.	Spicy Italian Baguette - $13.77

Artisan Baguette Stacked High with Slices of Genoa Salami, Capicola, Ham and
Pepperoni Spiced with Chef`s Hot Pepper Mayonnaise.

The agenda is attached and packed full of items which must be discussed!  I
have also attached the minutes from our April 23, 2022 meeting which will be
read at the meeting.

Transportation is available on a first come first serve bases from
Lincoln/Omaha.  Other members are traveling from other parts of the state
and may have space available.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you plan to attend.  This way lunch
and transportation options can be discussed.

Cell: (308) 520-9024

E-Mail: president at ne.nfb.org <mailto:president at ne.nfb.org>

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me!  The board is
excited to share what we learned at national convention and what projects
are in the works!  Plan to join us for this important meeting!

Sincerely,

Jamie K. Richey, President

National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska