[Nebraska-Students] Student Agenda for Convention Meeting

Brandon Peters bjp998 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 13:00:38 UTC 2023

Oops, I forgot to paste the agenda. Here it is.

Student Seminar Draft Agenda

Friday March 24, 2023

4:00 - 6:45 p.m. Access Equals Success: Student Seminar and Annual Meeting

Arbor 1

Join the Nebraska Association of Blind Students as they partner with Sky's
the Limit Communications, LLC, and Blind Savvy USA; to deliver an
interactive, memorable and meaningful student seminar that will help
students prepare for success in school, community and one-day competitive
employment.

Brandon Peters, President, Nebraska Association of Blind Students

4:00 PM Welcome and introductions – Brandon Peters

4:05 PM  Jamie Richey – Why it’s important to get involved, scholarships
and how connections help solve problems.

(introduced by Brandon)

4:10 PM Mark Riccobono – Getting his start in NABS, his path as a student
and “what I know now I wish I knew then.”

(Introduced by Maura)

4:20 PM Carlos servan – Share his path, how the student division changed
his life.

(introduced by Rachna)

4:30 PM Shane Buresh – Note-taking and importance of braille!

(Introduced by Ashleigha)

4:50 PM Eileen Rivera Ley – Networking your way to the top!

(Introduced by Brandon)

5:10 PM Rebecca Stevens, Rachna Keshwani, & David DeNotaris – Power of
social media

(introduced by Maura)

5:30 PM Panel – Maura Loberg, Danni Schutz, and Alex France – Getting
Involved on Campus

(Introduced by Rachna)

6:00 PM Student business meeting and pizza – Brandon Peters

A. Roll Call – Rachna

B. Minutes – Rachna

C. Treasurer’s Report – Cheryl

D. Old Business – Brandon

E. New Business – Brandon

F. Elections – Brandon

6:45 Thank you and Adjourn – Brandon Peters and David DeNotaris

--
Thanks,
Brandon