[Nebraska-Students] Registration is Now Open

jamie.richey16 at gmail.com jamie.richey16 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 01:24:20 UTC 2024

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

for the

53rd Annual National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska

State Convention

Come join the largest gathering of the blind in Nebraska!

Convention Dates:  April 11-14, 2024

Location: Gering Civic Center, Gering, Nebraska with lodging at the
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites

Hotel Reservations: (308) 633-7660

Mention the National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska for the reduced
rate of $104 + Tax

The room block is only guaranteed until March 22, 2024.  After that rates go
up to $123 plus tax per night.  There is no fee if the room is cancelled
within 24 hours of arrival.

Welcome to the Cobblestone Hotel & Suites - Gering/Scottsbluff! We are
conveniently located near everything Gering/Scottsbluff has to offer
including a golf course, hiking, and roller-skating. Located off Highway 92,
our property is easily accessible from the Western Nebraska Regional
Airport.

Enjoy the following amenities:

*	Start your day in Gering with our delicious complimentary breakfast.
*	Fun for the whole family awaits you in our swimming pool.
*	Unwind after a long day in our onsite beer and wine bar.
*	Keep healthy, keep your routine, in our onsite fitness center.

100% Smoke Free, braille coded exits and signage, hearing impaired
accessible guestrooms , business center, complimentary high-speed internet,
guest laundry, and onsite convenience Store  .

Each room features: flat panel TVs,  hairdryer iron and ironing board,
in-room safe,  microwave and refrigerator.

Pre-Register for this year's convention

Here <https://ne.nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=19>

Before April 1, 2024, to receive the reduced rate. NOTE: The price of
Registration / Meals will increase by $5.00 if paid after April 1, 2024.

The following choices are included in the registration form:

Convention Registration $25.00 - All attendees must register for the
convention.

Please note there is no restaurant in the civic center or hotel, but a list
of restaurants within a short walk will be available.  We hope you will take
the opportunity to participate in the following meals while hearing from
great speakers.

Friday Lunch $20.00

Friday Evening Dinner $25.00

Saturday Lunch $20.00

Banquet $40.00

Sunday Boxed Lunch $12.00

Transportation:

Transportation $75.00 per seat

The bus will leave Omaha on the morning of April 11, 2024, and travel west
along I80.  Stops will be made along the way to pick up passengers.  Please
list the nearest city along I80 where you will be picked up.  We will make
every effort to meet your needs.  The bus will reverse the route on Sunday,
April 14, 2024, at the close of convention.

Financial Assistance:

Assistance is available through the Gwendolyn M. Mangnall Scholarship.
Although preference is given to first-time attendees, all are welcome to
apply.  For more information click

 <http://www.ne.nfb.org/2024> Here

The annual academic scholarship is open until March 1 and affords students
the opportunity to participate in the convention and win some much needed
funds.  For more information or to apply click

 <http://www.ne.nfb.org/scholarship-form> Here

This is an event you will not want to miss!  The agenda will be released on
March 1, 2024.

 <http://www.ne.nfb.org/2024> Online

And available in large print or braille at convention.

Mark your calendars and plan to join us!  Additional information can be
found on our convention page as it becomes available.

www.ne.nfb.org/2024 <http://www.ne.nfb.org/2024>