[Nevada-Announce] The 2022 Nevada State Convention Time Table

nfb frida nfbfrida at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:56:44 UTC 2022

Summary
The deadline for the FIRST TIME CONVENTION SCHOLARSHIP, the UNITY
SCHOLARSHIP, and the 12-K ESSAY CONTEST is for no later than September
30th, 2022.
Reservations must be made at the Comfort inn and suites Henderson
Hotel by October 18, 2022.
Convention Registration must be made no later than November 4, 2022.
The Nevada State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind is
being held from November 18 through the 20th, 2022  in person at the
Henderson Comfort Inn Suites.
If you are a new member of the National Federation of the Blind of
Nevada, or you have been involved with the NFB of Nevada for some
time, but haven’t had the opportunity to attend a state convention,
and, if interested in attending your first NFB of Nevada State
Convention, Through our FIRST TIME CONVENTION SCHOLARSHIP, we will
provide stipends in the amount of $250.00.
The deadline to apply for the FIRST TIMER CONVENTION SCHOLARSHIP is
September 30th, 2022.
How to apply: Send an essay of at least 1,000 words or less on why you
would like to attend our state convention. Send your essay to our NFB
of Nevada secretary, Frida Aizenman, at nfbfrida at gmail.com by
September 30, 2022, at the latest.
The 2022 NFB of NEVADA UNITY SCHOLARSHIP
The National Federation of the Blind of Nevada has broadened its
commitment to blind college students and would like to recognize their
achievements by awarding two students merit-based scholarships ranging
from $1,000 to $1,500. All scholarships awarded are based on academic
excellence, community service, and leadership.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, applicants must be 1) legally blind in
both eyes, 2) must have either been taking college courses or
graduated from a high school in Nevada, 3) must be pursuing or
planning to pursue a full-time, postsecondary course of study in a
degree program at a Nevada institution in the 2022-2023 scholastic
year, (one scholarship will be allowed for an individual employed
full-time while attending school part-time), and (4) the applicant
must participate in the entire 2022 NFB of Nevada state convention
including all of its scheduled scholarship program activities from
November 18 through November 20, 2022, in person at the Henderson
Comfort In Suites.
The application may be obtained by emailing either the NFB of Nevada
Scholarship Chair, Regina Mitchell, at chefrdm at gmail.com, or by
requesting a copy from the Northern Nevada or Southern Nevada Chapter
Presidents. Please submit all documents listed on the application via
e-mail to Frida Aizenman, Secretary, at nfbfrida at gmail.com.
The deadline to apply for the UNITY SCHOLARSHIP is September 30th,
2022 at the latest.
2022 NFB of Nevada K-12 Essay Contest
Calling all blind/low vision students in grades K - 12!
The National Federation of the Blind of Nevada is sponsoring an essay contest!
Tell us in 1 to 2 pages how you feel about blindness.
Elementary school students: First place $50. Second Place $35. Third Place $25.
Middle school students: First place $75. Second place $50. Third place $30.
High school students: First Place $100. Second Place $75. Third Place $50.
Essays must be accompanied by a cover letter containing the following
information:
*Your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail, school and grade
level. Essays may be submitted by either the student themselves or by
a parent or teacher.
Send your essay to our NFB of Nevada secretary, Frida Aizenman, at
nfbfrida at gmail.com
Entries must be received by no later than September 30th, 2022.
State Convention Hotel
The Comfort inn and suites Henderson is now accepting room
reservations for the state convention. To make your reservation 24
hours a day, 7 days a week,
The Comfort inn and suites Henderson Hotel
475 Marks St.
Henderson, NV 89014
The 2022 room rates for singles, doubles, and quads is $169/night. Hotel room
please dial 702-387-6500 and state that you are attending the NFB of
Nevada state convention, or visit
https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/iy16i0
The best time to call is during regular business hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Room rates for singles, doubles, and quads is $169/night.
rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which at
present is 8.375% and will be in effect at the time of check-out.
Reservations must be made by October 18, 2022, and can be made at
https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/iy16i0
Convention registration (which includes all meals for the entire
weekend)  is$50 and will be open up to November 4, 2022.
For convention details, and to register, visit
www.nfbnevada.org/convention
characteristic that defines you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.