[New-hampshire-students] Fw: parents of blind children

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 25 19:31:55 UTC 2009

Ed Meskys
NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS
edmeskys @ roadrunner.com
----- Original Message -----
From: mbg111 at netzero.com
To: edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: parents of blind children

Hi Mr. Meskys, Good to hear from you! Christine and I had been trying to get together to talk about NHPVI and meeting with you. I got very busy with issues at school for my daughter who is blind and am now saddened to hear of Christine's family situation! I am still involved in the group. I took over the group a few years ago from Nancy Feole a mom whose son is now in college. At that point in was fairly inactive. Unfortunately I have very good intentions but 3 kids and not alot of time. Presently my husband is in Paramedic School so we are busier than ever.

The group has been under the umbrella, tax exempt #, etc. of the Retinablastoma Support Group for many years. The President of that group and the Treasurer for both groups is Tom Gelinas. He recently talked to me about disbanding his group , due to years of no participation,( families that were involved have children who are now grown ) and transferring monies, etc over to our group. He will stay on as Treasurer and we now will need a solid board. I have spoke to a few family members who have been involved and in attendance of the things that I have planned so far, Christine being one of them. These members have shown interest in acting as board members. Tom has recently contacted me informing me that he is ready to get the paperwork together to send to Concord to start the process.

After we meet as a "Board" I think it would be great to have you meet with us!  I am very excited about the interest of you and the family members! This will enable us to improve our group so that we can offer a strong resource to families out there!

Looking forward to meeting you,

Maribeth Geraghty