[New-hampshire-students] NFB / church supper this friday

Marie Johnson jomar2000 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 4 21:35:08 UTC 2009

Hi folks, was wondering if there is any possibility that some, or 1, or 2, of you could make it to the supper on Friday night to help represent the NFB?
Julie, Marie Jenkins and I will be not only doing the supper, along with other parishioners help and donations, but will also be selling raffle tickets for the quilt and displaying the coin and all kinds of information.
So far, all the food has been donated by many generous people, advertisements have been put in papers and on tv, by the members of the church, posters have been put up everywhere, and we are looking for a few good door prizes. Shaws gave us a $25 card which we will use to purchase one of the hams and others have started to donate money to our till in lieu of being able to help.

And just to let you know the status of the raffle tickets.. we have tickets already made up and ready for sale. We have written up a letter to accompany the tickets which list the prizes and date and all.  I will also have photos soon so that the quilt can be shown off for people to see how beautiful it is.
BTW, the gifts are;
* Queen size handmade quilt, * $50 gift card to Target, * Tea time Book Basket including a novel donated by Borders, and because we are waiting on a couple  of hopeful other contributions, we are listing a 4th prize, which is a * Mystery gift valued at $50, which we should definitely be able to provide by the time of the drawing.
That was just a funky idea that we came up with to add a little fun and excitement to the event. We will have coins by then to so I thought we'd be okay with it. People like to be surprised sometimes!
  Get your order in soon for tickets, we only have till the 6th of December to sell lots and lots!!
Note; that the raffle is not a part of the supper and the proceeds of it will solely be to the benefit of our org. and not split with the church.
We anticipate a good turn out and really would like to have a couple more members there to provide an opportunity for folks to meet and better interact with the blind.