[New-hampshire-students] convention/parents

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sat Oct 31 11:24:52 UTC 2009

Christine, We understand that because of major illness in your family, you
can give little input to our plans for working on our state convention the
first Saturday of May, or take part in board meetings. Time is fleeting and
we must move on making plans. Can you please supply me with any available
information on contacting other parents?(Also, do I understand correctly
that a family member has Lyme Disease? Who is it?)

Steve, can you please supply information on the parent you are in touch
with...name, eddress, phone, snail address? Can you get any information from
her on contacting other parents?

Marie, can you please give us contact info on the two people Bill Finn had
recommended?

Also, Marie, can we set up the special listserv for officers plus parents?
Will you write Dave Andrews or should I?

Also, please put Lakes Region officers Jane Flanders, Debbie Moore, and
Sandy on the officers' listserv?(You can find eddresses in the "to" box.)

Finally, in connection with the convention, I believe we should lock in the
outline we adopted three board meetings ago, at the conference call meeting
before last? Speakers, National delegate, elections and business meeting,
luncheon banquet, and socialization in a hospitality suite after a dinner
break? We can make suggestions on what speakers we would like. We should
start to work with parents on a portion of the agenda to meet their needs,
perhaps a slot of time for them to hold their own elections. If we fail to
achieve a joint plan with the parents we should go ahead and plan our own
agenda. We need to give National the May convention date.

We need to contact National asking them or Ron Gardner for contact info on
the people they have recruited in the Keene area. I know you have tried to
do so, but please keep trying. There were misunderstandings and rudeness,
but we should set that aside and proceed with working with all concerned to
have a viable chapter there. I do not have Ron Gardner's eddress in this
computer, but I will try to find it and carbon him.

We have had a lot of heartbreak putting on good conventions with little
interest, like the one on transportation. Our tech expo was successful, but
that was an exception. As a result we are all in a state of depression, and
this is making for dissention and unhappiness at board meetings.

Unrelated item...Marie, am I right that Tech Users meetings will resume Wed
Nov 19? What is the planned agenda? I would like to see a meeting devoted to
practicing SATOGO, so we could use it when we are away, like in a friend's
home or a library?

Ed Meskys
NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS
edmeskys @ roadrunner.com