[New-hampshire-students] an invitatiobn

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 7 18:13:18 UTC 2010

All are invited to the Lakes Region chapter meeting featuring professional story-teller Lauretta Phillips on Saturday, Jan 16, 10:30 AM at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Rt 106 (Parade Road), just north of Elm St., Laconia.

For more information, contact Ed Meskys
603-253-6207
edmeskys at roadrunner.com
322 Whittier Hwy, Moultonboro 03254-3627

Note other events of interest at the end of the newsletter, below.

Ed Meskys

==

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of NH NEWSLETTER for January, 2010

We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church on Parade Road (Rt 106), a little north of Elm St. .

In January  we will meet on Saturday the 16th, at 10:30 AM for networking and setup, and 11:00 for the meeting itself.

I apologize for not having a newsletter in December. In November we had as

Speaker a representative of the Belmont Food Pantry discussing who gets help, what kind of food is most useful, and other related matters. Like the last two years, instead of a Yankee Gift Swap we each donated $10 worth of food in place of what we would have spent on the gift.

In December we attended the Holiday Pops Concert of the Lakes Region Symphony Orchestra. Because of the snow few of us made it to the after-concert dinner at the Mug Restaurant just north of Meredith.

This month, as a special treat, professional story teller Lauretta Phillips will entertain us. Please bring sighted friends who might enjoy her performance.

As usual Please arrive by 10:30, so we can set up and get started by 11:00. This will also give us an extra half hour to socialize before start of business. We will end our meeting with our usual pot-luck luncheon. First time attendees and guests need not bring anything.

Meeting Expenses. Our chapter, and our state organization, have expenses which have to be met. We will again sell candy and hold a raffle. We need to collect gift certificates from local merchants for raffle prizes.

The state organization will also have two raffles during the next few months and we are asked to sell tickets on its behalf.

Is there any interest in reviving our bowling league?

Blind Technology Users' Meetings restarted on the 3rd Wednesday morning of the month from 9 to 12. Phone the NH Association for the Blind for travel help. (800-464-3075). First meeting was on November 18.

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques, resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email. The cassette version is temporarily suspended as my high speed tape duplicator is out of order. Please request your preferred format. edmeskys at roadrunner.com [note that this is new!], 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation please call Ed Meskys several days before the meeting and we will see what we can do to help.

CALENDAR
Sat Jan 16, Lakes Region Chapter Meeting, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Laconia, 10:30 AM

Wed, Jan 20, Blind Technology Users meeting, NHAB, Concord, 9 AM - noon

Sun Feb 7, Blind student meeting, Washington DC

Mon-Thu Feb 8-11, NFB Washington Seminar

Tues Feb 9, Sight Services for Visually Impaired meeting, Laconia Senior Center, 1-3 PM

Wed Feb 10, Lions Day on Ice

Wed Feb 17, Blind Tech Users

Sat Feb 20, LR chapter meeting

Wed Mar 17, Blind Tech Users meeting

Sat Mar 20, LR Chapter meeting

Tues, Apr 6, SSIL meeting

Sat Apr 10, Dog Guide Users meeting, Dutch treat lunch, Red Blazer Restaurant, Concord, 1 PM

Sat Apr 17, LR chapter meeting

Wed Apr 21, Blind Tech Users meeting

Fri-Sun Apr 23-5 Lions Vision 2010 (Blind Bowlers), Nashua

Sat May 1, NFB of NH state conference.

Sat Jun 5, NHAB Blindness Awareness Walk