[New-hampshire-students] Fw: [Nh-board] Senator shaheen

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 28 16:03:17 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guilbert Vickery" <citizen at ncia.net>
To: "New Hampshire NFB State Affiliate Board" <nh-board at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Nh-board] Senator shaheen

Marie, and others:

Since we have a good relationship with her especially when she was Governor,
and now as Senator let's keep her on the radar screen especially in the
areas of supporting transportation funding, healthcare, employment, and the
new technology bill.
At your opportunity to meet with her maybe to bring all your favorite day to
day assistive technologies with you as part of visibility when you are
taking notes, assisting with sharing of information, providing Braille
business cards, etc. so that the message is clear.
I believe she's on board with a lot of our issues, but here's a great
opportunity to reassure good collaboration.  Good luck, and I envy you all
with this opportunity.

*Maybe check out current legislation she's supporting, and use for
discussion as well as the NFB topics.
*Invite her to meet with us here in NH possibly attending the state
convention?
*What challenges can we assist her with especially in the areas of
employment, education, and better understanding of blindness?  We need more
funding for training...

Gil