[New-hampshire-students] press release

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 29 22:44:38 UTC 2010

                        Lakes Region Chapter, National Federation of the
Blind of NH

                        Edmund R. Meskys

                        322 Whittier Hwy

                        Moultonboro NH 03254-3627

                       edmeskys at roadrunner.com

                        603-253-6207

                        Tax number: 02-6012526

For immediate release

The Lakes Region Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of NH just
completed a very successful raffle and candy sale, netting a total of $1600.
We use these funds to hold monthly meetings where we engage in peer
counseling and advocacy, share information about living with blindness or
low vision with people new to the condition, and help provide social outings
and opportunities to attend informational conferences.

We thank the merchants and individuals who donated the prizes

E M Heath, groceries and hardware, Center Harbor

Hanniford groceries, Meredith

Maurices Clothing, Belmont

Meredith Village Savings Bank

Shaws groceries, Belmont

Shaws groceries, Gilford

Shaws groceries, Tilton Junction

Sundial Shop, Laconia

The Louis Braille real silver Dollar was provided by the organization
itself.

We also thank E. M. Heath of Center Harbor and Wal-Mart of Gilford for
permitting us to sell in front of their stores. And especially we thank the
members and friends who sold the tickets and candy, and those who bought
them or just made donations.

The drawing was held at our annual picnic in Ellacoya State Park on
Saturday, July 17. PRIZES AND WINNERS are:

Braille coin

Christy Estey of Laconia

Hanniford $25 gift certificate

ron Gardner

Salt Lake City, Utah, donated back to chapter

Heath $25 gift certificate

Sandra Meskys, Moultonboro

Maurice clothing store $25 gift certificate

Cindy Gechell, Meredith

Meredith Village Saving Bank $50 savings bond

Elyse Sargent, Meredith

Shaw-Belmont $25 tgift certificate

Pat Elliott, Nashua

Shaw Gilford $25 gift certificate

Lucille & Lillian Leroux, Belmont

Shaw Tilton Junction $10 gift certificate

Rebecca Bell, Bristol

Shaw-Tilton Junction $10 gift certificate

Suusan Hurley, Moultonboro

"Play-Away self-speaking talking book

Carol Morris, Moultonboro