[New-hampshire-students] corrected minutes for board meetings

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Mon Sep 13 21:49:03 UTC 2010

corrected minutes for Aug 31 and Sept 7:

We held a Conference call board meeting on Tuesday, Aug 31, coming to order
at 8:45 PM.

Present, President Cassie McNabb

FVP Steve Yerardi

SVP Andrew Harmon

Secretary Ed Meskys

Board members: David Brownell, Carolyn Corrigan, Deb Moore

Absent: Treasurer Ron Fergason

Board members:, Wayne Harvey, Donald Little

We discussed a fund-raising bake sale on Saturday, Oct 30, in Concord, tying
into a Halloween theme.

Ed Meskys was going to check walmart and steeplegate mall for possible
sites, and Steve Yerardi and Deb Moore was going to look for Halloween
events we could tie into. Andrew Harmon was going to look into Eagle Square.

We decided to meet again the following Tuesday, to finalize bake sale
details.

Meeting was adjourned about 9:10 PM.

==

Conference call board meeting Tuesday Sept 7, 2010, called to order 8:30 PM.

Present, President Cassie McNabb

FVP Steve Yerardi

SVP Andrew Harmon

Secretary Ed Meskys

Board members: David Brownell, Deb Moore

Guest: Chelsey Doranleau

Absent

Treasurer Ron Fergason

Board members: Carolyn Corrigan, Wayne Harvey, Donald Little

Steve Yerardi and Deb Moore reported failure at finding any hallowe'en
celebrations we could piggyback our bake sale on. Ed Meskys reported that
Steeplegate Mall does not permit fund raising events on its premesis, and
the lady who covers permission by walmart is away until Sept 13. We
discussed bake sales at poll sites on election day, but that venue is
already taken in most towns.

Andrew Harmon brought up the fund-raising events taking place in a festival
in Florida, as reported on nfbnet.org, and suggested we might try doing a
"dining in the dark" event. It was brought up that National frowns on events
simulating blindness because the sighted participants, without training,
become even more frightened of blindness. He also suggested that we look at
some other events from that festival.

We considered doing a fund-raising dinner, perhaps with musical
entertainment,  and selling tickets. We would need a place to host it, and
perhaps help us put it on. Marie Johnson had worked with an Episcopal church
in the Concord area, which had been very helpful, with most parishioners
supporting the dinner. Unfortunately we no longer have a contact there. A
few years ago the Friendship Club in Nashua had hosted some fund-raising
dinners for the Gate City chapter, but David Brownell reports that they have
pulled themselves in and do nothing with other groups. We will consider a
future dinner if details can be worked out, but this is not a priority for
now.

We finally decided that each chapter would do its own bake sale for the
affiliate, aiming for Oct 30.

We discussed trying to help the North Country chapter with its magic show on
September 17. As always, transportation is a problem. We need to know
whether the show is a day-time or evening event.

We decided to re-convene Tuesday Sept 14 at 8:30 PM.

Meeting was adjourned about 9:30 PM.