[New-hampshire-students] An Invitation

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sat Apr 14 14:16:28 UTC 2012

We invite all persons to come to our festive monthly meetings. Ed Meskys,
FVP

LAKES REGION NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND of

NH NEWSLETTER for April, 2012

    We invite all persons interested in matters concerning blindness and low
vision to our meetings. We normally meet at 10:30 AM on the 3rd
(occasionally fourth) Saturday of the month at the Good Shepherd Lutheran
Church 2238 Parade Road (Rt. 106), a little north of Elm St., Laconia. Our
next meeting will be the third Saturday of April, the 21st.

At our March meeting we saw or discussed various methods of playing MP3
talking books, plans for the upcom9ing NFB of NH state convention, and other
matters, and ended with our usual pot luck luncheon.

This month we will discuss the many special events for the blind coming up
this summer, including the NH Association for the Blind 100th anniversary
celebration,  and will review the just past NFB of NH annual convention and
elections, and the formation of a new NH Parents of Blind Children
organization. Our new president, Tony Bonanno, promises a special surprise,
and we will end with our usual pot luck luncheon. As always, guests and
first-time attendees are not expected to bring any food or drink.

We continue to need suggestions for possible future speakers or discussion
topics.

==

Do you know another blind or low vision person? Invite them to join us. We
are the blind working to help the blind by sharing information, techniques,
resources, and socialization. Help bring others to share with us. With their
permission give us their regular or e-mail addresses so we can send
announcements. We produce this newsletter in large print and by email.
Please request your preferred format. edmeskys at roadrunner.com, 253-6207.

If you need help with transportation to NFB meetings ONLY, please call Ed
Meskys several days before the meeting and we will see what we can do to
help.

CALENDAR

NOTE: I try to list all blind related events I become aware of. Please send
news of other events to add to the list .

Sat Apr 21, Lakes Region Chapter meeting, 10:30 AM, Good Shepherd Lutheran
Church, Parade Rd. (Rt 106) Laconia

Fri May 4, 9 AM-noon, Blind Technology Users' meeting, NH Association for
the Blind, Concord. Call 800-646-3075 for transportation assistance.

Sat May 12, 6 PM NHAB blindness movie & discussion, Palace Theater, Hanover
St., Manchester

Sat May 19, Lakes Region Chapter meeting

Sat, June 2, NHAB Blind Awareness Walk. Join NFB team. Call Deborah Moore
960-0162.

Sat Jun 23, LR Chapter meeting

Sat Jun 23, 2 PM, NFBNH state board meeting, open to all, Common Man
Restaurant, Concord. Dutch Treat dinner to follow meeting.

Sat, Jun 30-Thu Jul 5, NFB annual convention, Dallas TX.

Sat Jul 21, 11 AM, Lakes Region picnic & games, Ellacoya State Park,
Gilford. Tentative date, subject to confirmation.

Fri Aug 3, 10AM-4PM, NHAB 100 anniversary celebration outing, Pawtuckaway
Park, Raymond NH; free catered lunch, busses provided, reservation deadline
July 20.