[New-Hampshire-Students] {Disarmed} Speaker Pelosi to Participate in National Federation of the Blind Convention

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Wed Jul 8 19:45:18 UTC 2020

 		 [1]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SPEAKER PELOSI TO PARTICIPATE IN NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
CONVENTION

WASHINGTON, DC (JULY 8, 2020): House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will participate
in a dialogue with National Federation of the Blind President Mark
Riccobono as part of the eightieth National Convention of the National
Federation of the Blind on Friday, July 17, 2020, at 2:35 p.m. EDT with
thousands of blind people from America and around the world listening and
viewing via Zoom conference. The presentation will immediately follow
President Riccobono's annual report to the membership and is expected to be
one of the most highly attended sessions of the convention, which already
has 7,251 registered participants. Speaker Pelosi is the highest-ranking
elected official to participate in the convention since 1965.

"We are pleased and proud that Speaker Pelosi will be a highlight of our
largest and most dynamic convention ever," said Mark Riccobono, President
of the National Federation of the Blind. "I look forward to introducing her
from our headquarters in Baltimore, where she was born and raised. Her
participation in our convention honors the National Federation of the Blind
and demonstrates her passionate commitment to fighting discrimination,
creating opportunity, and achieving equality for all Americans."

Blind people from across the nation and around the world, as well as
members of the media and other interested parties, are cordially invited to
attend the convention session. They can do so using the following link:

https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17703&qid=3893832 [2]

The meeting audio can be accessed by calling +1 301-715-8592. The Zoom
meeting ID is 933 6983 0741.

###

ABOUT THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in Baltimore, is
the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind Americans. Founded
in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the
fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB defends the rights of
blind people of all ages and provides information and support to families
with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and more. We
believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to
transform them into reality. Learn more about our many programs and
initiatives at www.nfb.org [3].

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen
 Director of Public Relations
 National Federation of the Blind
 410-659-9314, extension 2330
 410-262-1281 (Cell)
 cdanielsen at nfb.org

 		 [4]
 		 [5]
 		 [6]
 		 [7]

 		 [8]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [9] | Opt Out [10] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [11]

 		 ..

Links:
------
[1] https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=17714&qid=3893832