[New-york-news] FW: Air Travel Accessibility - Final Rule

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:58:29 UTC 2014

I just received this today so I thought I would forward it.
Cheryl Echevarria.

From: regulationroom at cornell.edu
To: regulationroom at cornell.edu
Subject: Air Travel Accessibility - Final Rule
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:24:29 +0000

Dear Regulation Room Commenters,
The U.S. Department of Transportation has issued its final rule on Air Travel Accessibility. DOT recognized the input of Regulation Room users like you, and considered those comments
 when deciding what the final rule should be. The final rule was published in the

Federal Register on November 12, 2013. Its requirements for websites will be implemented in two phases. Web sites that provide core air travel services and information must be accessible by December 12, 2015 and all remaining pages on a carrier’s website
 must be accessible by December 12, 2016. Web sites must conform to the standard for accessibility contained in WCAG 2.0 and meet the Level AA Success Criteria. Kiosks installed after December 12, 2016, will have to meet detailed accessibility design standards
 specified in the rule. The entire rule in PDF format can be downloaded from
DOT’s website.
Congratulations on being someone who contributed to making the law better. The input of Regulation Room commenters helped make sure everyone’s perspective was taken into account.

Sincerely,
The Regulation Room Team