[New-york-news] Job opportunities with Walt Disney World

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 14:58:28 UTC 2014

I had posted this I think while I was at convention but many did not receive it. So I am reposting it.  You do not have to be a travel agent or now about the travel industry, it would be great if you know about Walt Disney World in FL, but that comes with experience
Good morning from National Convention
While watching the local news, Walt Disney World is looking to fill 1000 jobs from inside sales and throughout location in Orlando area.Here is one job, link underneath.
Reservation Sales Agent, Disney Reservation Center (Orlando, FL)Job Posting TitleReservation Sales Agent, Disney Reservation Center (Orlando, FL)Job Description“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.ResponsibilitiesThis is an hourly plus potential for incentive professional sales position located at the Disney Reservation Center in Orlando, Florida near International Drive and Municipal Drive. Position responsibilities include: Creating magical vacation planning experiences utilizing exemplary sales techniques, solid guest service skills, and strong attention to detail. Meeting or exceeding established booking conversion rates, average handling time guidelines, and other performance metrics associated with the position. This is a high volume inbound call center environment.
Basic QualificationsMotivated by incentive-based environmentMinimum 1 year of sales or service experience in a high volume environment. Proven service and consultative skillsStrong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems, Strong verbal, interpersonal and listening skills, Proven ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships
Ability to be flexible with work schedule, to support the following operating hours Monday through Sunday 6:30 am to 11:00 pm
Preferred QualificationsDemonstrated knowledge of Travel Agency processes 3 years of sales experience in a service-oriented environmentDemonstrated knowledge of Walt Disney World products and services Proven strong sales and closing skills and the ability to overcome objectionsProven ability to be comfortable with asking open ended questions and explaining product optionsProven ability to analyze complex Guest requirements, including special itinerary planning needs to provide an optimal Disney solutionProven ability to work in a structured environment
Proven multilingual skill (Spanish)Job Posting Industries Leisure and Travel Additional Information KEYWORD: WDW Casting Reservations callcenter WDW CASTING Primary Location-City OrlandoPrimary Location-StateFLPrimary Location-CountryUShttps://sjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=174616

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria is also the owner of Echevarria Travel www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama