[New-york-news] Meeting with Senator John Flanagan

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 14:46:03 UTC 2014

Good morning all:
On Thursday, July 24th, 2014, there will be a meeting at the Merrick Public Library here on Long Island, with Senator John Flanagan. Senator John Flanagan is the SenateChairman of the NY State Education Committee.
The Greater Long Island Chapter will be hosting this meeting, and many of our leaders in the Federation of NY State have agreed to be part of the meeting. Many of whom also sit on the Executive Board of the NY State Commission for the Blind.
Maria Garcia, Parents of Blind ChildrenNihal Erkan, NFB of NY State Student DivisionDavid Stayer, President of the Greater Long Island Chapter and sits on the Executive Boardand other leaders have indicated that they would like to attend.
If you would like to be part of this meeting, please RSVP both David Stayer at davidandloristayer at verizon.net and myself Cheryl Echevarria, at cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com.
Below is all the information, should you need driving directions or need able ride or Long Island Railroad information, please contact myself thank you.
What: Meeting with Senator John Flanagan - Smithtown, NY to discuss possible hearings for the Education issues here in NY State.
When: Thursday, July 24th, 2014 starting at 1pm
Where: Merrick Public Library, 2nd Floor meeting room.  Merrick Public Library - 2279 Merrick Avenue, Merrick, NY 11566 phone number 516-377-6112
Please RSVP

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria is also the owner of Echevarria Travel www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama