[New-york-news] [NFB-NYC News] CASTING LEGALLY BLIND TALENT FOR IBM GUIDING EYES WEB SPOT

Arthur Jacobs ajacobs633 at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 18:28:46 UTC 2016

Hi There!

We are looking for real people (they do not need to be actors) for a commercial shooting this Fri/Saturday...

Details below - if anyone is interested, they can e-mail me a photo and contact info..

IBM Guiding Eyes
Non-Union Web Spot

Callbacks: Self-Record Auditions
Shoots: 2/5 and 2/6
Location: Peekskill, NY
Usage: 1 Year Global Internet
Rate: $500 + 10%

LEGALLY BLIND TALENT FAMILIAR WITH GUIDE DOGS, Male or Female, Any Ethnicity, 25-35, great smile and warm personality who are familiar with or own a guide dog. Should be likable/relatable, blind and not too sensitive to light (does not need sunglasses) . Shoots this Friday 2/5 and/or Saturday 2/6. Selected talent must be able to self-record audition video (no physical casting to attend).

---------------------

We are casting blind or low vision people who have experience with or own Guide Dogs for an IBM shoot this Friday or Saturday ($500 a day)

We would like you to do a self-record video if you are either
BLIND or LOW VISION and must have had some experience with a GUIDE DOG or even OWN a guide dog.

SLATE:
State Name, Confirm if Legally Blind or Low Vision, Confirm Availability for this Friday 2/5and/or Saturday 2/6 shoot, Confirm if either own a guide dog or have worked with a guide dog in the past

Give some background on themselves, just a few lines. (DO NOT DISCUSS ACTING - can discuss day jobs, personal passions not related to performing, etc.)

If they have a dog it would be good to have it in the shot, if not a stuffed animal. Talk about the guide dog if they have one.

Talk about how it feels like being at a crosswalk, with dog if they have one, without a dog if they don't.
Stuff animal - pretend like they're meeting it for the first time, hugging it.

Note: We're not looking for an "actor", we're looking for a real person, no BIG dramatic emotions.

VIDEO IS DUE Weds 2/3 by 5:30 PM
e-mail steve at paladinocasting.com