[New-york-news] This Thursday at the Heiskell: On the Move with Accessible Technology

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Tue Jan 12 21:19:26 UTC 2016

Brave the winter winds and join us as we check out apps, websites and
strategies for exploring our city and our world this Thursday, January 14,
from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. We’ll discuss apps and sites for:

·        Getting public transit, driving and walking directions

·        Getting info about nearby landmarks, intersections and addresses

·        Finding local businesses, restaurant menus and reviews

·        Discovering accessible arts and cultural events

·        Checking the weather

·        Remote visual assistance for finding storefronts and just about
anything else

Registration is free: just call (212) 621-0627 or email
ChanceyFleet at nypl.org to reserve your spot. We’re located at 40 West 20th
St in Manhattan, between 5th and 6th Ave.

--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator