[New-york-news] [NFB-NYC News] LEGISLATIVE ACTION NEEDED: Space A

Arthur Jacobs ajacobs633 at aol.com
Fri May 6 17:56:20 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues:

As President Riccobono mentioned in Monday's Notebook (see attached), the House and Senate are finalizing the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and we have been engaged in efforts to make sure that Congress includes H.R. 2264 and S. 2596, our Space Available legislation, in the base bill of each chamber of Congress. Today, we have confirmed that the language of H.R. 2264 has been included in the House draft version of the NDAA base bill.

We must be vigilant, however, because anything can happen in the legislative process between now and the time the vote is taken. But now the next critical step is to focus on the Senate and ask our senators also to include the Space Available language in the Senate version of the NDAA.

CALL TO ACTION!
Please call or email your two senators (Gillibrand and Schumer) and ask them to cosponsor S. 2596. The Capitol switchboard number is (202) 224-3121.

The more cosponsors we get, the better chance the Space Available bill gets included in the Senate version of the NDAA. I am also attaching here an updated fact sheet with additional information about how much space is available in the Space Available Program.

This is the final stretch! As always, I can't thank you enough for the excellent work you do each day. Let's get it done!

Parnell