[New-york-news] Research opportunity at Cornell Tech

Elizabeth Kupferstein elizabethbdk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:28:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Our research group at Cornell University (NYC Campus) is studying how Smart
Glasses could provide low vision people equal access to information. We are
looking for volunteers to participate in a study to help us with our work!

What the study is about:

This study is to explore the design space of vision enhancement interfaces
on Smart Glasses (Augmented Reality Glasses and Virtual Reality Glasses)
for low vision people and the possible benefits of vision experience
customizing due to different eye conditions and usage scenarios.

Participants must:

   - Be at least 18 years old
   - Have low vision (i.e., a visual impairment that cannot be corrected
   with contacts or glasses) or have professional experience working with low
   vision people

Participants will be compensated $20 (or a $20 gift card) for each hour of
a study session. For this two-hour study they will receive $40. If
participants require assistance with transportation to the study location,
we will pay for their transportation expenses up to $60.

If you are interested, please contact us at  elizabethbdk at gmail.com (Elizabeth
Kupferstein)​​​​, yz769 at cornell.edu (Yuhang Zhao) or
shiri.azenkot at cornell.edu (Shiri Azenkot).

We look forward to meeting with you and learning from your experiences!

Attached is the consent form of our study. If you have some friends who
are also interested in this study, please feel free to forward this email
or ask them to contact us. Thank you so much for your help!

Elizabeth Kupferstein O.D
Ophthalmic Consultant , Enhancing Ability Lab
Information Science
Cornell Tech
Address: 2 W Loop Rd, New York, NY 10044