[New-york-news] Fw: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: Learn About the First Year of the Uber/Lyft Settlement Agreement

NFB NY Office office at nfbny.org
Fri Jun 1 16:20:56 UTC 2018

From: David Andrews via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:48 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: Learn About the First Year of the Uber/Lyft Settlement Agreement

  Please Circulate the following message as widely as appropriate.

  Please join the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU) on Tuesday, June 5, from 8:00 - 8:30 p.m. Eastern to discuss the National Federation of the Blind’s monitoring of Uber and Lyft. Tim Elder, attorney at TRE Legal, and Valerie Yingling, legal program coordinator at the NFB, will provide an update on the status of the NFB’s settlement agreements with both companies, information learned from year one of our rideshare testing program, and tips on how to improve your input to Uber and Lyft. We’ll also have some time for questions. You won’t want to miss this important call! Please dial 641-715-3300 and use  participant code 560908, to join the conversation. The call will be limited to the first one hundred participants.

  This conference will be recorded. Participation in the conference implies an agreement to and authorization for such recording in compliance with state and federal laws.
  Marion Gwizdala, President
  National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
  National Federation of the Blind
  (813) 626-2789
  President at NAGDU.ORG
  Follow us on Twitter

  The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind  people and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds you back.

goto http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/office%40nfbny.org