[New-York-News] Washington Seminar

National Federation of the Blind of NYS president at nfbny.org
Fri Dec 27 18:27:09 UTC 2019

Season’s Greetings to all.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and I wish you prosperity in the New Year.

Our Washington Seminar is quickly approaching.  With that is the need for action.  If you have not already done so, It is necessary for you to make reservations at the Holiday Inn Capitol, 550 C Street SW, Washington.  The cost is 198 plus 14.95% tax.  Reservations can be made by calling 202-479-4000.  The deadline to ensure room availability is January 8th.  Use group code N2F.

Please also let me know if you are coming to Washington.  Email president at nfbny.org or call me at 716-222-3632 so we can set up teams appropriately.

Limited financial assistance is available through the Affiliate however the deadline for requesting funding is approaching fast.  BY JANUARY 1, Please visit nfbny.org and click on “funding request” if you choose to request assistance.  No funding can be approved after that date.

The issues this year will once again be our AIM High, ATAA and GAIN acts.  Due to some discussions with our legislators, this is looking to be a good year for us.

Let’s all work together so we can live the lives we want.

Mike Robinson, President
National Federation of the Blind of New York State, Inc
2175 Sheridan Drive
Buffalo, New York 14223
716-222-3632