[New-york-news] Legislative Update for Fair Wages

Justin Young jty727 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 01:48:22 UTC 2019

Hi All,

The Transformation to Competitive Employment Act (TCEA) is moving in
the House of Representatives.  On Tuesday, May 21 at 10:15am the House
of Representatives Committee on Education and Labor will be holding a
full Hearing on HR873 the Transformation to Competitive Employment
Act.  The Government Affairs team at the NFB National office is
requesting we contact our representatives in the House urging they
cosponsor this important bill for Disabled Workers of America!  If you
are uncertain who your members of the House are, you can look it up
via the following link:

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

There are currently 38 individuals on the bill including Chairperson
Robert "Bobby" Scott who is the Chief Sponsor (D-VA).  There are 27
Representatives in the House from New York State and we only have 3:
Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY-14), Sean Patrick Maloney
(D-NY-18), & Joseph D. Morelle (D-NY-25).

This is the third name the legislation has been known as over the
years, but it is the first time it has received a Hearing in the House
so it is important to reach out to our elected officials illustrating
our support.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Justin Young