[New-York-News] Legal Advocacy at the Container Store

Mike Robinson president at nfbny.org
Wed Sep 4 15:45:11 UTC 2019

If anyone in New York has experience with The Container Store, please see
below.

Mike

Hello Everyone,

The National Federation of the Blind has a pending case against the
Container Store involving the accessibility of touchscreens in the physical
stores.

The Federation won an important victory regarding forced arbitration clauses
as noted in the following article:

<https://www.publicjustice.net/appeals-court-rejects-container-stores-hide-t

he-contract-tricks/>

https://www.publicjustice.net/appeals-court-rejects-container-stores-hide-th

e-contract-tricks/

We need to hear from blind people who have shopped at the Container Store or
have a desire to shop there in the future.  Please contact NFB attorney Tim
Elder at telder at trelegal.com <mailto:telder at trelegal.com>  or 415.873.9199
if you have recently shopped at a Container Store or would like to shop in
the store in the future.  NFB is preparing to certify a class action in this
matter.  We need your help to advocate for equal access to touchscreen
devices in physical stores.

Mike Robinson, President

National Federation of the Blind of New York State, Inc.

2175 Sheridan Drive

Buffalo, New York 14223

716-222-3632

716-222-3NFB

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
blindness is not what holds you back."