[New-York-News] Audio Description Awareness Day Watchparty

walei.sabry at gmail.com walei.sabry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:58:21 UTC 2020

Hello all,

As you may have heard, this Thursday April 16th is Audio Description
Awareness Day. It is something that blind folks on the web are starting and
are trying to get traction for. In that spirit, Walei Sabry will be
organizing a watchparty this Thursday night starting 7 PM Eastern time. The
first hour will be for chatting about audio description and getting to know
each other. Then, we will start a movie at 8 PM. We have not decided on a
movie yet but it will be an audio described movie on Netflix.

The watchparty will be hosted on a Zoom Meeting. Because of security and
safety, Walei will not be sharing the Zoom link publicly. If you are
interested and would like the details, please email Walei at walei at me.com
<mailto:walei at me.com> . You can also email him with your suggestions for
what we should watch. We are only considering audio described movies on
Netflix. Below is a link to the Audio Description Project which has an up to
date list of audio described content on Netflix.

https://acb.org/adp/netflixad.html

To learn more about Audio Description Awareness Day, follow the hash tag
#ADADChallenge on Twitter.

Thanks and we hope to hear you at the watchparty!

Walei

Walei Sabry | Digital Accessibility Coordinator

NYC Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications

 <x-apple-data-detectors://1/0> 100 Gold Street, 2
<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0> nd <x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>  Floor New
York, NY 10038

Office 212-788-8291 | Mobile 646-965-1922 | Fax 212-312-0960