[New-York-News] April NFB of New York At-Large Chapter Meeting

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 18:14:31 UTC 2020

 Good afternoon!  I hope this message finds everyone well.  In this time
where the NFB is unable to meet via in-person meetings, the NFB of New York
At-Large Chapter would like to cordially invite you to its April Chapter
Meeting Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at 8:00 P.M.  As always we are meeting via
telephone conference call.  The call-in info is below:

*Call-in #:  1-480-297-0773*

*Access code: 1908618*

This month we are pleased to welcome our very own Katelyn MacIntyre who is
Vice President of the NFB's Performing Arts Division. Ms. MacIntyre will be
talking with us about the activities of the NFB's Performing Arts Division
and about how you can add performing arts to your life as a hobby or even
professionally.  Ms. MacIntyre has an extensive performing arts background,
including studying with Maria Spacagna for her Master of Music in Vocal
Performance at Carnegie Mellon University, she premiered the opera Cold
Hands with CMU and Pittsburgh Opera, soloed with the AIMS Festival
Orchestra around Austria, and covered the soprano solos of Mozart’s Requiem
with Maestro Manfred Honeck and the CMU Philharmonic. She has performed
numerous operatic roles including The Countess (Le nozze di Figaro), Beth
(Little Women), and Monica (The Medium). She has soloed as a soprano at
such notable venues as Tokyo Billboard Live! Japan sponsored by Fox
International, the Völkerkundemuseum Heidelberg, Germany, the Kennedy
Center, DC, and all across North America. Ms. MacIntrye received the
2012-13 Presser Scholar Award, won the VSAarts International Young Soloists
Award, and has garnered top prizes and scholarships in the US and
Canada. In addition, she is also a competitive Ballroom Dancer.  So please
join us to hear about the NFB's performing arts division and how you can
add performing arts to your life.

The NFB of New York's At-Large Chapter serves individuals who live in areas
of the State that do not have a regular in-person NFB Chapter.  If you know
of someone who might benefit from the NFB of New York's At-Large Chapter
please share this information with them.

Sincerely,

Todd Elzey, President

NFB of New York At-Large Chapter

toddelzey at gmail.com