[New-York-News] Coming up Tuesday: Reading the Web :

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Sun Dec 20 23:26:09 UTC 2020

Reading the Web: Strategies for Screen Reader Users
Tuesday December 22, 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Eastern
Register here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUlde2tpz4oHN1khLwTR5I2GdU79xqahK2o
Copy
Invitation Copy
This session will cover effective strategies for reading articles, blogs
and reference material with your desktop or mobile browser, including:
Finding reading material that matches your interest;
Using commands and gestures to move around long webpages efficiently;
Bookmarking your favorites;
using multiple tabs to look things up without losing your place;
using reader view to de-clutter pages;
and using an ad-blocker to improve your experience online.
We'll also have time for your questions.
Anyone is welcome to virtual workshops with the Andrew Heiskell Braille and
Talking Book Library tech team! Please email chanceyfleet at nypl.org if you
would like to be added to our event list, suggest a future workshop, set up
one-to-one coaching or volunteer as a tech coach.

--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator