[New-York-News] Braille study group Saturday, Zoom training and open office hour on Monday

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Fri Jul 10 20:44:12 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
As always, our virtual Braille study group meets Saturday, from 11:30 AM to
12:30 PM Eastern. This is a chance to talk about the practical uses of
Braille, review contractions, discuss reading techniques and find some
motivation and support for your Braille learning journey. It will happen
every week as long as we're remote.
On Monday, we'll have a Zoom training at 2 PM Eastern to address any
lingering questions you have about participating on Zoom by phone, app or
computer.
Also on Monday, at 3:30 Eastern, we'll have open time for questions about
technology, remote learning resources, and digital library resources.
Planes, Canes and Trains will be back the week of the 20th: we're taking a
pause to investigate video streaming issues affecting our sighted
participants.  As Mona Minkara says, stay tuned!
Please register at: tinyurl.com/HeiskellRegister for any or all of these
events.
Since some folks have let me know that the Google Form registration process
has given them trouble, I'm going to provide the Zoom invitation details at
the end of this message as a backup. This info will work for all three
events. Please do not share them on the open web, including your social
networks. However, it's perfectly fine to forward them to friends and
colleagues.
If you attempt to register and do not receive an email with the Zoom
details within two hours of your event's start time, please email me to let
me know. We're trying to get to the bottom of why many people register with
ease while others are having problems. Thanks for your kindness as we work
this through.
Remember: one-on-one tech coaching is still available by appointment. Our
team of staff, interns and volunteers is happy to book individual time with
you to work towards your technology goals. We conducted over 150 hours of
coaching in June, and are so happy to empower and strengthen this community
even as our physical location remains closed.

With patience and fortitude,
Chancey
Chancey Fleet is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Braille study group
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/720411945?pwd=MDFUUlZEVEl3aGpYL0xTRmVOZHQvQT09

Meeting ID: 720 411 945
Password: 5555
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,720411945#,,,,0#,,5555# US (New York)
+13126266799,,720411945#,,,,0#,,5555# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)