[New-York-News] New York Caucus -- Please Share

Mike Robinson buffnfb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:28:41 UTC 2020

Good Morning;

I hope everyone is enjoying our Virtual National Convention as much as I am.

The New York Caucus will be Friday, July 17th, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.   ZOOM
MEETING ID: 528 850 6207, https://zoom.us/j/5288506207

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,5288506207# US (New York)

              This year it will be extremely important to attend the
caucus.  As there are necessary changes to the format and procedures of the
convention, It is necessary for your delegates to know the thoughts and
desires of our constituents.

              Prior to the caucus everyone must read through the
resolutions to be addressed by the convention.  We will not take time
during the caucus to read each resolution.  They will be available on
NEWSLINE and
https://www.nfb.org/resources/speeches-and-reports/resolutions/2020-resolutions
 Wednesday evening.

              Only the delegates will be able to make nominations or
motions during the convention.  We need to know of any motions/nominations
our members desire.

              There are also a number of announcements I need to share with
everyone.

*AGENDA ITEMS NOT TO BE MISSED *

Full agenda is available at
https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/2020-national-convention-agenda

              *Thursday July 16th*

                            7:00 pm – 9:30 pm -- OPENING GENERAL SESSION

                                          Zoom meeting ID: 933 6983 0741

*Friday July 17th*

                            11:00 am – 1:00 pm – New York Affiliate Caucus

                                          Zoom ID: 528 850 6207

                             1:30 pm to 5:00 pm -- GENERAL SESSION

                                          Zoom meeting ID: 933 6983 0741

                                          1:30 PM; CALL TO ORDER AND
INVOCATION

              1:35 PM; PRESIDENTIAL REPORT

Mark Riccobono, President, National Federation of the Blind; Baltimore,
Maryland

Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives

6:30 pm – 9:30 pm -- GENERAL SESSION

                                          Zoom meeting ID: 933 6983 0741

*Saturday July 18th *

1:00 pm – 4:00 pm -- GENERAL SESSION

                                          Zoom meeting ID: 933 6983 0741

                                                         1:00 PM; CALL TO
ORDER AND INVOCATION

                                                         1:05 PM; FINANCIAL
REPORT

                                                         1:25 PM; ELECTIONS

                                                         2:30 PM;
RESOLUTIONS

4:30 pm – 6:30 pm -- GENERAL SESSION

                                          Zoom meeting ID: 933 6983 0741

7:30 pm – 9:30 pm BANQUET

                                          Zoom meeting ID: 933 6983 0741

*CONTACT FOR QUESTIONS*

Mike Robinson, The New York Affiliate President may be reached any time by
emailing president at nfbny.org, or By text or phone at 716-222-3632 if you
have questions, comments or concerns.

Hope to see everyone at the caucus Friday 11:00 am.

Mike Robinson, President

National Federation of the Blind of New York State, Inc.

2175 Sheridan Drive

Buffalo, New York 14223

716-222-3632

716-222-3NFB

*“**The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
blindness is not what holds you back.”*