[New-York-News] Planes, Trains and Canes: coming up Tuesday at 2 PM Eastern

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Sun Jul 26 22:01:25 UTC 2020

It's back! (and better than ever now that video glitches have been
resolved!)
Planes, Trains and Canes: The Power of Choice
Documentary screening and discussion
Tuesday July 28, 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
with Nefertiti and Chancey
For Holman Prize winner Mona Minkara, traveling blind is always an
adventure. But what happens when it becomes an adventure in dodging
unwanted assistance and setting boundaries? This week, we'll watch Mona
navigate the city of London - and the expectations of strangers. We invite
you to stay after the short film for a spirited discussion about blind
travel, interdependence and the power of choice.
Anyone is welcome! Our remote tech and culture programs are an evolution of
the in -person and hybrid workshops hosted at the Andrew Heiskell Braille
and Talking Book Library. Whether you're blind, sighted, or somewhere in
between, in New York City or on the other side of the world, we welcome you
for fellowship, learning and dialog.
The Zoom link is provided at the end of this message, but please register
at
tinyurl.com/HeiskellRegister
so we know how many people to expect.
To join our technology and Braille team's event announcement list, just
email heiskelltech+subscribe at googlegroups.com - we'll let you know about
all the other remote programming we offer.
  To learn more about us or suggest a workshop, or to volunteer your time,
contact our tech coordinator: chanceyfleet at nypl.org
To support open discussion and patron privacy,  our workshops are never
recorded.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3576221711?pwd=cEw5ellwZW9NUlByU2V2MkFnQmpKQT09
Meeting ID: 357 622 1711
Passcode: 797063
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,3576221711#,,,,,,0#,,797063# US (New York)
Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kulvWhIQ1

--