[New-York-News] Braille Study Group this Saturday with APH Museum Director Mike Hudson: Registration Link

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Fri Jun 5 00:25:06 UTC 2020

Braille Study Group: a Virtual Visit with APH Museum Director Mike Hudson
Saturday June 6, 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM Eastern
  To register, please fill this quick form: tinyurl.com/NYPLBrailleGroup
You'll receive a Zoom link and dial-in details. Please try to complete your
registration as soon as you can: last call is 10 AM Eastern on the day of
the event.
Have you ever wondered what the original Braille code as written by its
inventor, Louis Braille, included? Are you fascinated by the variety of
tools for Braille writing and embossing that people have used since Braille
was introduced almost two centuries ago? What about alternate tactile
writing systems: what happened to them?
Join us for a virtual visit with the Museum Director of the American
Printing House for the Blind. Mike Hudson will share highlights from
Braille's rich history and describe some of the intriguing items in the APH
museum collection.
Anyone is welcome. Our weekly remote Braille Study Group is an evolution of
the in-person group hosted at the New York Library's Andrew Heiskell
Braille & Talking Book branch. Whether you're new to Braille or a seasoned
reader; blind, sighted, or somewhere in between; local or far away, we
welcome you for fellowship, learning and encouragement on your Braille
literacy journey.

To join our technology and Braille team's event announcement list, please
drop a line to heiskelltech+subscribe at googlegroups.com - we'll let you know
about all the other remote programming we offer.
To learn more about us or suggest a workshop, contact our tech coordinator:
chanceyfleet at nypl.org
--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator