[New-York-News] Coming up Tuesday: Planes, Canes and Trains Documentary and Discussion

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Mon Jun 29 21:24:22 UTC 2020

Planes, Trains  and Canes: Documentary screening and discussion
Tuesday June 30, 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
Planes, Canes and Trains is a Youtube documentary by Dr. Mona Minkara,
winner of the Holman Prize for Blind Ambition. We'll watch an episode about
Mona's exploration of Tokyo using her mobility skills and public
transportation. Then, we'll talk about the episode, how accessible
technology is different in Japan, and how each of us navigates the world
with our own mix of skills and strategies.
Anyone is welcome. Our remote tech programs are an evolution of the in
-person and hybrid workshops hosted at the Andrew Heiskell Braille and
Talking Book Librry. Our ; blind, sighted, or somewhere in between; local
or far away, we welcome you for fellowship, learning and encouragement on
your tech learning journey.
To register, please fill this quick form. You'll receive a Zoom link and
dial-in details. Please try to complete your registration as soon as you
can: last call is 1 PM Eastern on the day of the event.
tinyurl.com/heiskelltech
To join our technology and Braille team's event announcement list, please
drop a line to heiskelltech+subscribe at googlegroups.com - we'll let you know
about all the other remote programming we offer.
  To learn more about us or suggest a workshop, contact our tech
coordinator: chanceyfleet at nypl.org
To support open discussion and patron privacy,  our workshops are never
recorded.

--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator