[New-York-News] NFB of NYS Education Calls

president at nfbny.org president at nfbny.org
Thu Mar 26 15:30:51 UTC 2020

Greetings everyone;

PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR CONTACTS.  These calls are for EVERYONE.

The National Federation of the Blind of New York will be hosting a series of
conference call based education experiences for the duration of our
self-quarantine.  The first will be utilizing our free conference Pro
account and the following will probably utilize the Zoom platform.  Below is
a schedule for the first few calls.

The calls are all scheduled for 5:30 pm eastern time.  They should be around
an hour long but we will be happy to stay on the line after the presentation
to chat or discuss any issues you may be having.

If you are blind and have a need you are unable to find assistance with,
please contact us at 716-222-3632 and we'll do what we can to help.

Friday, March 27, 2020, 5:30 pm                            Staying Safe
during the crisis                    Dave Whalen, Project Manager, First
Responder's Disability Awareness Training

Call in number: 1-480-297-0773, Access Code 1908618#

Monday March 30, 2020, 5:30 pm                         Your ideas and
concern              (looking for input about what subjects YOU want to
learn about on these calls)

Mike Robinson, President, NFB of NYS

Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 5:30 pm                       Staying Mentally
Healthy                             Arthur Jacobs, NFBNYC Chapter Treasurer

Friday April 3, 2020, 5:30 pm                                   Distance
Learning Challenges                        Chancey Fleet, Vice-President,
NFB of NYS and Justin Young, President, NFBNY Student Division

Call-in number to be announced

We look forward to connecting with everyone.