[New-York-News] Free Seminar on Multiple Intelligence Theory and Blind Learners

Heather Bird heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 22:44:40 UTC 2020

 Join us for a free seminar on meeting the needs of diverse blind and low
vision learners. We will explore different opportunities for teaching blind
and low vision children, teens, or adults.  We will accomplish this by
employing a variety of methods, using the lens of Howard Gardner‘s multiple
intelligences to explore the topic. This seminar is presented by the New
York State BELL Academy, and is being hosted by the National Federation Of
The Blind of New York State. Inc. We are using the Zoom platform to host
this event, and as this is part of the New York State Virtual Convention.
It is open to anyone who wishes to participate from anywhere around the
world. Please find the direct link to our Zoom room below, and join us on
Tuesday, October 20, from 7:00 PM until 9:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.

If you wish to check out other offerings of the convention, which includes
a virtual exhibit hall, newsline demonstrations, seminars hosted by the New
York Association of Guide Dog Users, New York Association of Blind
Students, Blind Parents, Blind Seniors, and much much more, you may check
out the agenda or register for the convention at
https://nfbny.org/conventions/details. You do not need to be registered for
the convention to attend this seminar.  It is completely free and open to
all.

This seminar is of particular use to Teachers Of The Visually Impaired,
Orientation & Mobility instructors, Adaptive Tech instructors, Special
Education Teachers, parents and family members of blind children, 1-to-1
aids and other paraprofessionals. Essentially, if you work with or are
interested in the futures of our blind children and teens, then this
seminar is for you. Please feel free to share this link widely, including
on social media, and we hope to see you there on Tuesday evening, October
20.

https://zoom.us/j/5270399557?pwd=OFZqMW1qampSSERaNUNGQ0JKcDd2UT09
Meeting ID: 527 039 9557    Passcode: 2223632
+16468769923,,5270399557# US (New York)

Heather Bird
Coordinator
New York State Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning Academy