[New-York-News] FW: Study

president at nfbny.org president at nfbny.org
Fri Jul 23 02:11:52 UTC 2021

Hi all,

My name is Uma and I'm a student at The University of Chicago.

I am conducting a research study about the obstacles that visually impaired
adults face when accessing healthcare. By joining me in this study, you
would have a voice in advocating for improvements to healthcare access. Your
participation will take approximately 2.5 hours total and you will be
provided with $50 of compensation upon completion of the study.

Below are the details of the study. If you're interested in participating or
would like to learn more about this study, please contact me at
<mailto:umab at uchicago.edu> umab at uchicago.edu or (646) 320-7641. I would
really appreciate your help.

Best,

Uma Balachandran

(646) 320-7641 |  <mailto:umab at uchicago.edu> umab at uchicago.edu

Have you encountered obstacles when visiting a healthcare provider? You may
be eligible for a paid two-month study through the University of Chicago on
access to healthcare for visually impaired adults. Your participation will
last approximately 2.5 hours.

You may qualify if you:

.      Are 18 years and up

.      Are legally blind

.      Will be visiting a healthcare provider in the next 2 months

Participation involves:

.      Answering questions about your visual impairment and access to
healthcare

.      Visiting a healthcare provider with the option of taking photographs
(i.e., through Voice Over technology) of obstacles you encounter during your
visit

.      Participating in an individual interview or a focused group
discussion with other study participants to discuss your experiences during
the healthcare provider visit

Participants will be provided with $50 of compensation upon completion of
the study.

For more information, please contact Uma Balachandran at 646-320-7641, email
<mailto:umab at uchicago.edu> umab at uchicago.edu.

Uma Balachandran
BA Public Policy Studies, Pre-Medical Track | Class of 2022
The University of Chicago
+1.646.320.7641 |  <mailto:umab at uchicago.edu> umab at uchicago.edu
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers