[New-York-News] Coming up Saturday 3/13: DIY Tactile Drawing with Lauren

Chancey Fleet chanceyfleet at nypl.org
Fri Mar 12 18:35:46 UTC 2021

DIY Tactile Drawing

Saturday March 13, 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern

These days we no longer have easy access to embossers or microcapsule
fusers. However, we don't always need them in order to make tactile
graphics. In fact, there's a long history of DIY tactile graphic
design—with students, designers, and teachers using collaging techniques to
make one-of-a-kind designs. In this workshop, we will cover the history,
basics, and best practices of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) tactile graphics. We'll
use materials found in our homes to make our own works of art. Please come
to the Zoom meeting prepared with a stylus or pencil, some paper, and a
Sensational Blackboard or wooden cutting board. If you want to really bring
the party, grab some scissors, glue, tactile junk from around the house
(get creative!), puffy paint, or hot glue. It's going to get messy and fun!

Register here:

https://nypl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMtd-yvqToiEtwzfHWJgXNBeZXF4wriOdzE

--
Chancey S. Fleet