[New-York-News] The Blind Persons Right to Parent Act A2113/S4407 signed

Justin Young jty727 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 20:32:02 UTC 2021

Hi All,

Hoping this message finds you well! I wanted to provide an exciting
update regarding one of our State Legislative priorities. The Blind
Persons Right to Parent Act (A2113/S4407) was signed by Governor Kathy
Hochul on 10/8/2021. This law takes effect 90 days from 10/8/21 which
according to my calculations is 1/6/2022.

Thank you to all who have helped get us to this point and for the hard
advocacy year after year! Hoping 2022 is the start to a better New
York for blind parents!

Justin

Dr. Justin T. Young, Ed.D
Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of New York State.
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of New York State,
Rochester Chapter.