[New-York-News] Open Me Today: Confirm your attendance at NFB Washington Seminar by December 23! Details Inside

Chancey Fleet chancey.fleet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:02:08 UTC 2022

Good morning fellow Federationists of New York,
Your NFBNY board, and your appointment schedulers Julie and Rasheta, need
your help! Read below to find out how you should:
*RSVP for Washington Seminar
*Share this message with your chapter members
*Fill out the funding request form if you need to
*Ask questions now if you have any
*Definitely do this by December 23, but if you can, do it today!
Washington Seminar is happening from January 30 through February 2, 2023
(although it's likely that New Yorkers will be able to conclude our
Congressional appointments on Wednesday February 1, as usual).
As many of you know, Washington Seminar is a unique, energizing annual
opportunity for the organized blind movement to bring our priorities
straight to Congress, securing a brighter future that includes more equity
and security across employment, education, health and technology.
Federationists of all backgrounds and experience levels are invited to
attend: those with less experience can be confident that they will receive
plenty of training, the chance to practice speaking about our legislative
priorities before we visit Capitol Hill, and mentorship within one of
several small teams that will visit our members of Congress.
Here's where we need your help. Washington Seminar is a labor of love that
involves scheduling tons of appointments with Congressional staff and, of
course, also requires funding. Your board and appointment team are
volunteers who do this work in our free time, and we can do our best if we
have all the information we need! We'll all have a more productive and
enjoyable time if we start planning early. So your board and appointment
team need are counting on yu to do the following three things:
*RSVP if you plan to attend! Please email Mike Robinson, President, at:
President at nfbny.org and copy me, First Vice, at Chancey.fleet at gmail.com
with "Washington Seminar RSVP" in the subject line. In the body, please
include the best mobile number where you can be reached. If you are
confirming for more than one person, list everyone's names and mobile
numbers in the body of your email.
*If you need funding to attend Washington Seminar, please fill out this
form:
Funding Request Form | National Federation of the Blind of New York
(nfbny.org) <https://nfbny.org/funding-request>
To learn about this year's schedule, along with the hotel's location and
rates, check here:
https://nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar
(Legislative priorities will be posted at this link in the new year).
*Share this message with your chapter members! Forward it to them, call
them, talk to them at your holiday gatherings - help everyone RSVP and
secure any necessary funding early this year.
***If you are not ready to commit and have questions, please email
President at nfbny.org and chancey.fleet at gmail.com with "Washington Seminar
Questions" in the subject line, and include a number where you can be
reached in the body.
Your board needs everyone who will attend Washington Seminar 2023 to
communicate your RSVP to us by December 23, so that we can appropriately
allocate our available pool of funding and empower our
appointment-scheduling team to make a solid plan. Thank you all in advance
for helping us do this.