[New-York-News] New York Parents of Blind Children Pre-Convention Membership Meeting

maurakut at buffalo.edu maurakut at buffalo.edu
Thu Sep 15 14:07:13 UTC 2022

Dear friends,

Please join the New York Parents of Blind Children (NYPBC) at our next
membership meeting. The meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 3, at 7:00
PM. Our organization is made up of parents and educators of blind children
from across all of New York State. To ensure maximum inclusion, you can join
us on Zoom. Here is the link:
https://buffalo.zoom.us/j/91510018058?pwd=c0JiR2VQYkhuaSt1SGQ4c0dLQXl1QT09

You can find the call-in numbers at the end of this note.

Throughout the pandemic, the Board of NYPBC has been working hard to help
meet the needs of blind children and their families across New York State.
And now, we are excited to begin holding regular membership meetings at
which members and guests can come together to advocate for the needs of
blind children and their families, learn from presentations on a wide
variety of topics, exchange ideas, and offer perspectives.  We will also
support each other, share resources, stay connected with the New York State
Bell Academy, get updates from the National Organization of Parents of Blind
Children, and more.

At our October meeting we will be introducing our New York State Convention
sponsorship for a family of a blind child/children, conducting business
related to a proposed amendment for our Constitution, and giving a sneak
peek at our exciting parents of blind children seminar!!! We would love to
hear from you! So please come with feedback on how this division of the
National Federation of the Blind can serve your family, or the blind child
in your life.

If you are currently a member, we'd love to reconnect with you. If you're a
former member we would love to welcome you back. If you're simply interested
in learning more about the division, please join us on the third! All who
believe in the brilliance of blind children, and work to elevate
expectations of the blind are encouraged to attend!

Zoom Link and one-tap Mobile:

https://buffalo.zoom.us/j/91510018058?pwd=c0JiR2VQYkhuaSt1SGQ4c0dLQXl1QT09

One-tap Mobile: 6465588656,,91510018058#,,,,*334842# US (New York)