[New-York-News] Important deadlines Approaching for State Convention

Heather Bird, President, NFBNYS president at nfbny.org
Wed Aug 7 03:19:25 UTC 2024

Good Evening everyone.

Please make note of the following deadlines pertaining to our upcoming state
convention.

The deadline to submit an application for financial aid from the NYS
Affiliate is 8/8/2024 at 11.59 PM. Applications submitted after this date
will not be accepted for this event. If you need assistance in filling it
out, please reach out to your chapter or division president, or another
member of local or state level leadership for assistance. It is strongly
recommended to visit the form and complete it at least one day prior, so
that if you encounter any difficulties in completing it, you will have a
cushion of time in which to seek assistance.

The deadline to register for the in-person convention experience is
9/4/2024. Please note that the earlier you register the higher chance you
have of receiving one of the prizes as outlined below. The last ten people
to register will be entered to win a $10 gift card, and one will win. The
second to last ten people, so the 20th through the 11th from the last person
to register will be entered to win a $20 gift card. And so on and so
forward. That means that the more people register, the higher the prize will
be for the earliest registering individuals, although even the last
registrant will be eligible for a drawing. For example, this means that if
we get 40 registrants in total, the first ten will be entered into a
drawing, and one of them will win forty dollars, with prizes of $30, $20,
and $10 being given to one person each from the progressively later groups
of registrants. All individuals must register separately due to a need for
accuracy in the interest's assessment question and the logistics of the meal
plan and individual meals, so it is quite possible that we could get up to
60, or 70, or even 80 registrants. If we can get at least as many
registrants as we have had conventions, 68, then one random registrant,
regardless of how early or late they registered will receive $68. If we can
get over 100 in-person registrants? Well, register soon, and encourage
others to attend convention, and we shall see. You must be present at the
convention in order to win.

The deadline to submit a resolution to the resolutions committee is
9/15/2024. If you would like assistance in crafting your resolution, you
will need to reach out to the committee chair, Chancey Fleet at
chancey.fleet at gmail.com <mailto:chancey.fleet at gmail.com>  ASAP, and she or
another member of the committee as assigned by Chancey will be happy to
assist you. If you need substantial assistance, the time to reach out is
now. Out of respect for Chancey and the rest of the committee, we ask that
incomplete resolutions, seeking substantial feedback and guidance in
development not be submitted on the evening of the 15th.

Additional announcements will be coming, including other deadlines,
specifics of our convention programming, and other exciting details.

With Love, Hope, and Determination

Aubrey Bird

President, National Federation of the Blind of New York State Inc.