[Nfb-announce] [Blindtlk] Passing of Priscilla McKinley

Brian Miller brian-r-miller at uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:46:36 UTC 2010

Dave,

Let me please add to my message below that:

Priscilla was born and raised in Iowa, and that is where she was when she
passed.

She founded the Iowa City chapter of the NFB of Iowa, and held board and
officer positions in the Iowa state affiliate, as well as a number of
national divisions, including the Blind Educators and, the Writer's
division.  She was president of the Old Capitol chapter in Iowa City when
she died.  Her last night was spent with close friends at the chapter
holiday party, where she was the MC.

She loved to write, to teach, to travel, and to spend lots of quality time
with her many friends, family, and her dog Bella.  She worked as a
composition teacher at the time of her passing.  She will be very much
missed.

Thank you,

Brian Miller