[Nfb-announce] SSA Will Provide Accessible Media Of Your choice, not Email

Chela Robles cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 11:17:36 UTC 2010

Due to a settlement with the American Council of the Blind, the
Social Security Administration now offers new ways to receive
communications from them. Options include Braille, Microsoft Word on
a CD-ROM, or regular print with a follow-up phone call to read the
information. The braille and CD options start on April 15. Email is
not an included option, but you can call a phone number to request a
format not listed.
Please visit this link for more information on how to change from
printed mail to another method.
<http://www.socialsecurity.gov/notices/>http://www.socialsecurity.gov/notices/

There is a link toward the bottom of the page called Request For
Special Notice Option and as of now it is not available, so when I
clicked the link, it said:

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we cannot process your
request at this time.

This service is available during the following hours (Eastern Time):

Monday through Friday: 3:00 AM - 2:00 AM
Saturday: 5:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sunday: 7:00 AM - 11: PM
Holidays: 3:00 AM - 2:00 AM

If you need immediate assistance,

you may call us Monday through Friday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM at:
1-800-772-1213

If you are deaf or hard-of-hearing, call our toll-free TTY number:
1-800-325-0778
If you need to visit your local Social Security office you can get
directions and a map to your local Social Security office by visiting
link on the page I directed you to, labeled Field Office Locator.
"If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two
days, only you know, and more than three days without practicing,
girl you better look out, because everyone will know!"
Chela Robles
E-Mail: <mailto:cdrobles693 at gmail.com>cdrobles693 at gmail.com
MSNWindowsLive Messenger:
<mailto:cdrobles693 at hotmail.com>cdrobles693 at hotmail.com