[Nfb-announce] NCLB Braille Exam at NFB National Convention

Louise Walch braille at nbpcb.org
Mon Jan 18 19:52:30 UTC 2010

Attention all interested in receiving National Certification in
Literary Braille (NCLB):

The National Blindness Professional Certification Board (NBPCB) would
like to again offer NCLB braille certification at the NFB National
Convention in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Dallas this July. The
NCLB is the only nationally recognized certification in literary
braille geared specifically toward teachers. The NCLB is a five-year
renewable certification awarded to those who successfully pass all
four sections of the National Literary Braille Competency Test. The
cost is $250.

If you are interested in testing at the NFB national convention, we
request that you fill out our brief online interest form with a note
that you are interested in testing in Dallas. Please do so before
February 10th. This is an interest form only and is NOT an
application. A sufficient number of candidates are needed before the
test room can be scheduled; Thus, by filling out the interest form
you are increasing the chances that the exam will be offered. You
will be notified of the decision by mid February.

We urge that you fill out the brief online NCLB interest form at:

<http://www.nbpcb.org/forms/NCLBInterest/NCLBInterest_1.htm?id=694562449>http://www.nbpcb.org/forms/NCLBInterest/NCLBInterest_1.htm?id=694562449

For more information, updates, deadlines, sample exams, and to apply
online, go to:

<http://www.nbpcb.org/>www.nbpcb.org

If you have further questions or would like to host an exam in your
area, contact Louise Walch, NCLB Test Coordinator at
<mailto:braille at nbpcb.org>braille at nbpcb.org or call (318) 257-4554.

Louise G. Walch
NBPCB Coordinator
<mailto:braille at nbpcb.org>braille at nbpcb.org